- Assists patients with meal selection using Dietary Management system in coordination with diets as assigned by Dietician; communicate discrepancies & issues to Dietician as applicable.
- Accurately assembles and delivers patient and guest trays according to menu selection as entered into Dietary Management System using proper portion control; picks up tray when patient is finished
- Delivers food and beverage orders to other departments; assists in preparation for and delivery of special function orders.
- Serves meals and maintains proper supplies in the cafeteria. Runs cash register, receives and counts money.
- Operates dish machine, washes dishes including pots, pans and carts using proper cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Assists cook by cleaning vegetables, preparing salads and desserts and performing various other food prep tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Must have high school diploma or GED. Additional food service courses/ education preferred.
- Experience: Must have six months food service experience.
- Other: Customer Service experience preferred
Must be able to 1) work cooperatively and interact with patients, visitors, and employees, 2) make mature judgements, and 3) stand, stoop, lift moderate weight, and push and pull items 4) exhibit high level of customer service skills 5) knowledge & understanding of basic nutritional needs 6)basic understanding of computers & ability to operate a computer on varying levels.