Endoscopy Technician/ Patient Care Associate
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Endo Tech/ Patient Care Associate provides direct nursing care. Demonstrates compliance with applicable standards, as well as, hospital wide policies and procedures,
- Clinical care and skill competence: Under direction of an RN, provides direct patient care competently and in cooperation with other team members.
- Maintain and utilize consistently appropriate, professional and effective communication skills. Recognizes that most errors occur due to some failure in communication and takes all necessary "communication measures" to prevent their occurance
- Education - In collaboration with the RN, assists in identification of patient education needs and implementation of teaching plan for patients. Collaborates with charge nurse to assess self learning needs
- Utilizes and maintains supplies and equipment in a cost effective and safe manner
- Documents and maintains data on patient's records
- Is able to perform the special functions unique to working as an Endo Tech/ Patient Care Associate in this department. Required to participate in the On-Call schedule
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent with formal or on the job training in Endoscopy and basic patient care. Has current Michigan registry as a certified nurse's aide or obtains within three months of hire or transfer or completion of other heathcare training program (i.e. LPN. EMT, Paramedic). Alternately, is a graduate of a surgical technician program.
Experience: 2 YEARS patient care experience including endoscopy experience within the last twelve months. If a training position is offered, candidates must minimally meet the two years patient care experience and the candidate with endoscopy experience will be given preference.
Other: Is BCLS certified or obtains certification within one month of hire. Demonstrates excellence in customer service and professional conduct. Must have excellent communication skills and able to relate effectively/kindly to patients and families. Required to participate In the On-Call schedule.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Is qualified to perform various endoscopic procedures after adequate preparation and training in the unit.