Help Desk Representative
- Perform level one phone and email support for all DCHS technology needs including creating and maintaining tickets for all calls using department tracking software.
- Assist in scheduling, setup and training for Information Systems resources.
- Determine best solutions for issues based on details provided by customers; use industry best practices for problem-solving; document details in ticketing system.
- Direct unresolved issues to next level of support; provide accurate information on IS hardware/software issues; record events, problems and resolution in ticketing system.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Information Systems Department and other DCHS departments to provide support for desktop operating systems, login issues, office automation products, presentation software, remote support, printing/copier/scanner support, interactive boards and other technology within the healthcare system.
- Maintain, stay current and adhere to department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment & computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; certification in IT Help Desk or IT Customer Service preferred or the ability to obtain and maintain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Previous experience providing exceptional customer service required.
- 1-year experience in Help Desk, IT or directly related position supporting computer systems, information systems, desktop support and/or data processing systems preferred; background in acute care hospital computer systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems, desktop systems and office automation tools.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and workflow with end-users and meet deadlines.
- Desire to learn advanced troubleshooting/support techniques in both software and hardware areas.
- Ability to work under pressure, analyze information and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide subject matter guidance and advice to end-users.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.