Maintenance Helper 1
- Inspect, regulate, repair, and maintain heating systems, cooling systems, mechanical ventilation units, fire protection systems, emergency power system, hardware, fixtures, plumbing, electrical equipment, mechanical equipment and the physicial building.
- Serves as a member of the fire brigade and attends all mandatory training sessions provided for the fire brigade.
- Reviews procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- May be required to assist other departments in related projects and to perform miscellaneous duties as assigned in those departments.
- Maintains an inventory of repair supplies and materials and prepares requisition slips for Manager's signature as replacement needs are dictated.
- Makes sure the PM's in the preventive maintenance program are finished onschedule and activities are recorded to comply with JCAHO standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must be a High School graduate
Experience: Must have three years of mechanical maintenance experience; must have at least one year experience or training in at least one of the following areas: electrical repair, plumbing, boiler operation, or carpentry skills; must have training or experience in welding, engine repair, sheet metal work, and painting; must have a valid drivers license.
Responsible for maintenance and repair of hospital environmental systems, equipment, buildings, and grounds. Install, renovate, repair and troubleshoot all types of electrical equipment and systems. Test and perform preventive maintenance of all equipment. Remain current of all codes and standards pertaininq to hospital buildinqs and properties. Recommend PM procedures for all equipment