- Provide leadership, direction and work assignment to maintenance staff.
- Inspect, regulate, repair and maintain heating, cooling and ventilation systems, fire protection systems, emergency power systems, hardware, fixtures, plumbing and electrical equipment at both the primary healthcare campus and off-campus locations.
- Oversee construction projects.
- Maintain inventory of repair supplies and materials.
- Review, complete and document preventive maintenance duties in a timely manner.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff; make recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with hospital staff and vendors.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- HVAC license preferred or ability to obtain within a reasonable time period upon hire.
- Possess at least 3 years’ mechanical maintenance work experience including electrical repair, construction, plumbing, HVAC and boiler system maintenance/repair required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to lead by example, supervise and mentor a team; coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Are motivated to take action, use safe work practices and are resourceful in solving problems.
- Position requires an ability to perform heavy, physical work with lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds; exposure to high heat and humidity; dusty, dirty and confined spaces; and outdoor weather conditions involving long hours during heavy snowstorms.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.