Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Urology
- Comply with best practices in urology care as well as established hospital policies and procedures to render care of patients.
- Examine patients; conduct initial patient history and genito-urinary examinations, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, make diagnosis and treatment recommendations for urologic problems.
- Conducts post-operative follow-up and evaluations.
- Provides education to assist patients in achieving good health and reducing their incidence of urologic diseases and disorders.
- Prescribes medications and physical therapy, when appropriate.
- Update physician regarding patient updates/change of status, test results and new admissions.
- Maintain effective, appropriate and professional communication with hospital staff, physicians, patients and care providers at all times.
- Document and maintain data on patient record
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited institution.
- Licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan or ability to obtain Michigan License within 3 weeks of hire.
- Continuing medical education as required by the certification body.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Previous experience working as a PA or NP desired with preference given to candidates with hands- on or clinical experience in Urology.
- Analytical skills necessary to plan, develop and administer care to a wide variety of patients.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.