- Obtains, defines, analyzes, and transforms department, procedure specific and patient data and coverts the information into scheduling and registration criteria related to patient care processes and outcomes.
- Utilizes and ensures the use of all available system and software applications to achieve maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Acts independently to troubleshoot, research and acts proactively to initiate process modifications to avoid future scheduling or registration function conflicts.
- Trains new staff in all aspects of job specific tasks and effective use of information systems.
- Maintains a positive atmosphere in department, with patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers and fellow employees.
- Provides support to team members in other patient access areas.
- Performs clerical and quality improvement duties.
Obtains, defines, analyzes, and transforms department, procedure specific and patient data and converts the information into scheduling and registration criteria related to patient care processes and outcomes.
High School Graduate
Must have one year of healthcare business experience, physician practice, unit clerk, hospital or clinic registration and scheduling preferably computerized. Must have one year of computer processing. Must complete OPAC Medical Terminology Test - 70% or have successfully completed a Medical Terminology course within the past (2) years.
- Possess and display a sense of responsibility.
- Appreciate and desire to be part of a Healthcare team dedicated to providing optimal care and customer service.
- Must be able to understand and apply rules prescribed by insurance and third party payers.
- Possess and display good effective communication skills.