Scribe - Radiation Oncology / Hematology Oncology
Works side by side with the practitioner as an assistant to documentation of patient encounters. The scribe will accompany the practitioner into the exam room and documents the practitioner-patient encounter as it is verbalized by the patient and practitioner. Is able to assist in patient care duties when not working in the scribe role.
- Accompanies the practitioner in a patient's room to take notes during the visit using the appropriate template, documents the practitioner-patient visit into the EMR as it is verbalized by the practitioner and patient for review and approval by the practitioner
- Maintains maximum accuracy and efficiency when documenting each practitioner-patient visit to formalize the precise meaning of the encounter
- Prepares referral letters as directed and ensure that all letters are mailed or faxed on a daily basis with all copies of pertinent reports or tests attached
- Prepares for upcoming visits to ensure the appropriate templates and information are available. Documents completely, concisely and accurately on all patient related matters. Reviews records for inconsistencies in medical documents and checks concerns with provider to reduce errors
- Completes non-patient care duties in a timely manner
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and customer services skills with all individuals
- Posses excellent written and computer skills. Interacts positively with peers, providers and colleagues. Able to maintain a positive, professional attitude at all times
Associates Degree or Certification in Medical Office Systems required. Completion of medical transcription training program preferred.
One year's experience as a medical transcriptionist and/or administrative assistant and clinical experience preferred
Able to pass OPAC testing requirements; medical terminology test - 75, Keyboard testing - 45 wpm, Data Entry – 5200
- Proficient knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Proficient at typing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication. Must be able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete and concise fashion
- Ability to transcribe a verbal encounter into the EMR