Senior Programmer Analyst
- Provide programming support including coding, testing and designing new systems and solutions.
- Help mentor fellow staff programmers when designing and developing applications/systems.
- Make estimates on project requirements.
- Self-motivated problem solver who actively participates in solution development.
- Comply with programming/documentation standards when creating new programs, procedures, modifications, creating files, creating dictionaries and creating reports; notify stakeholders of documentation for processes requiring related support.
- Provide application/system support in a timely fashion; coordinate with vendors when assistance is required.
- Coordinate the selection, installation, setup and training of new systems as needed.
- Track, prioritize and document projects using department tracking software.
- Stay current and adhere to department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment and computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Applied Math, Management Information Systems, Web Development, Engineering or directly related field required.
- 5 years’ experience in detailed system analysis, design, and supporting applications on a mainframe, mid-range, or mini-computer platform required.
- Experience with UNIX operating systems and/or hospital operating system administration required.
- Demonstrated programming experience writing code using UNIX (C, shell, editors).
- Knowledge and understanding of 340B program and compliance requirements a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with networking technology (TCP/IP), domain name system (DNS), FTP, TelNet and other network services a plus.
- Possess exceptional communication skills with ability to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities.
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and team player.
- You are creative and organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, utilize time effectively, and quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check..