Staff RN (part-time)-Oncology Chemo Infusion Team position
- Comply with best practices in nursing as well as established hospital policies and procedures to render care of patients.
- Maintain effective, appropriate and professional communication with hospital staff, patients and care providers at all times.
- Serve as Charge Nurse, as assigned.
- Provide patient education.
- Utilize and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Document and maintain data on patient record.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan or ability to obtain Michigan RN License within 3 weeks of hire; BSN degree preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- 2 years previous nursing experience in outpatient services or clinic preferred; current Hematology/Oncology clinic experience or Chemotherapy Infusion experience a plus.
- Certification in Chemotherapy/Oncology Nursing (OCN, AOCN) preferred or willingness to be trained and certified in chemo infusion.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.