Switchboard Operator / Patient Access Representative - Dual
- Operates the telecommunication systems effectively and efficientally.
- Receives visitors/patients, ascertains their need and directs them accordingly.
- Monitors the hospital's alann system.
- Performs billing support aide functions, clerical and data entry functions for different departments as assigned
- Utilizes and ensures the use of all available system and software applications to achieve maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Trains new staff in all aspects of Job specific tasks and effective use of information systems.
- Remains current on all-new policy and procedures requirements and acts proactively to share information with team members.
Education: High School Graduate
Experience: Previous experience in office setting of one year desirable. Windows based computer experience including ability to pass the OPAC Data Entry Test- 5,200
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle changing working conditions, deal with large volumes and a variety of tasks.
- Must take initiative, exercise good judgement and demonstrate resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Operates the teleconnnunication systems to effectively and efficiently address internal and external phone traffic requests.
- Cordially receives and directs patients/visitors and provides routine hospital information when appropriate.
- Monitors the hospital alarm system.
- Performs billing support aide, clerical and data entry for different departments of the hospital.