Always ready when you need help most
In an emergency, always call 911
Welcome to our Emergency Department
The design of our Emergency Department helps our medical staff better care for every patient, regardless of their condition. The MCHS – Dickinson Emergency Department features:
- A complete renovation of over 10,000 sq. ft. of patient care area
- A triage center to address the most urgent care needs
- Private care rooms with breakaway glass walls
- Negative pressure systems in treatment rooms
- A Respiratory Care suite
- A warm and comfortable waiting area for family and friends of the patients
The Emergency Department supports Dickinson’s commitment to bringing the very best health care possible to everyone in our community.
Dickinson Emergency Department patients receive care from a board-certified doctor licensed in emergency care. Our highly skilled nursing staff is also trained and certified to deliver outstanding emergency care. Our medical team is fully supported by the state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging equipment we need to assess injury and help us develop a plan of care.
- At Dickinson we pride ourselves on providing outstanding levels of emergency care and service.
- We are certified to provide quick and accurate health assessments, life-saving resuscitation, surgery, intensive care and stabilization of patients requiring emergency operations.
- If patients need more advanced treatment and technology, we have systems and protocols in place to rapidly transport them to a larger medical center.
- The Dickinson Emergency Department triages over 25,000 patients a year.
- Our goal is to make sure every patient is treated efficiently and compassionately with the very best emergency care available in our region.