Always ready when you need help most
In an emergency, always call 911
New Emergency Department coming Fall 2021
The design of our new Emergency Department will help our medical staff better care for every patient, regardless of their condition. The project includes:
- A complete renovation of over 10,000 sq. ft. of patient care area
- A triage center to address the most urgent care needs
- Private care rooms with breakaway glass walls
- Negative pressure systems in treatment rooms
- A Respiratory Care suite
- A warm and comfortable waiting area for family and friends of the patients
The Emergency Department transformation supports Dickinson County Healthcare System’s commitment to bringing the very best health care possible to everyone in our community. Read more about our Emergency Department renovation here.
DCH Emergency Department patients receive care from a board-certified doctor licensed in emergency care. Our highly skilled nursing staff is also trained and certified to deliver outstanding emergency care. Our medical team is fully supported by the state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging equipment we need to assess injury and help us develop a plan of care.
- At DCH we pride ourselves on providing outstanding levels of emergency care and service.
- We are certified to provide quick and accurate health assessments, life-saving resuscitation, surgery, intensive care and stabilization of patients requiring emergency operations.
- If patients need more advanced treatment and technology, we have systems and protocols in place to rapidly transport them to a larger medical center.
- The DCH Emergency Department triages over 25,000 patients a year to either the Convenient Care Clinic or the Emergency Department, depending on the severity of the illness or injury.
Our goal is to make sure every patient is treated efficiently and compassionately with the very best emergency care available in our region.