Message from the CEO
Healthcare for the Future of Dickinson County
Dear patients, families and the community we serve,
It is my honor to be in a position to guide excellent healthcare in the Iron Mountain region and share with you important information about the future of healthcare in our communities.
Dickinson County Healthcare is diagnosing health challenges earlier than ever and developing personalized care plans to keep people healthier longer. Our outstanding team of family healthcare providers is supported by highly skilled, locally-based specialists including internal medicine, general surgery, orthopedics and physical therapy, cancer care and heart care.
From advanced lab and diagnostic services, to lifesaving emergency treatment, to kind and compassionate hospital care, our caring staff is always ready to serve you. Our greatest reward is that babies, kids, moms, dads and grandparents all become healthier here. Dickinson has been regionally and nationally recognized for excellent healthcare by independent performance-based rating agencies including an “A+ Patient Safety Rating” and “Top Rural Hospital” designation from The Leapfrog Group.
Dickinson County Healthcare is vital for our community:
- We provide access to comprehensive, excellent healthcare services for residents and visitors, including lifesaving emergency services.
- Dickinson employs 600 passionate healthcare professionals who live and work in the Iron Mountain and surrounding areas.
- As your community owned hospital, we energize our local economy with more than 60 million dollars in salaries and benefits annually.
You have the choice to ensure that Dickinson County Healthcare remains vital for our community into the future:
Choosing where to receive your healthcare is highly personal and 100% up to you. As your community-owned healthcare organization, Dickinson County Healthcare is always working hard to be your first choice.
We understand that some people have chosen to leave the area for services that Dickinson County Healthcare is capable of providing locally. When patients choose to leave the area for services, dollars spent with other organizations can’t be used to support the vital healthcare services Dickinson provides to our community.
Even if your family medicine provider is not with Dickinson, you can still utilize Dickinson for many aspects of your healthcare. Here are a few examples:
- You have a choice to ask that labwork, blood tests, x-rays and other diagnostic services to be done at Dickinson.
- You have a choice to select our excellent, locally-based general surgeons and orthopedic surgeons for your care.
- You have a choice to continue cardiac rehabilitation services locally at Dickinson. We work directly with heart specialists at many health care organizations to follow your care plan.
- You have the choice to continue having babies at Dickinson County Healthcare.
Healthcare is a choice. Please make Dickinson County Healthcare yours.
If you have not chosen Dickinson lately, please consider giving us a try. We think you’ll be glad you did. We are always grateful for the support of the community we love!
President and CEO
Dickinson County Healthcare System