Message from the CEO
Healthcare for the Future of Dickinson County
Dear patients, families, and the community we serve,
For nearly the last three years, it has been my honor to be in a position to guide excellent healthcare in the Iron Mountain region and share with you essential information about the future of healthcare in our communities.
Dickinson has seen some “Big-Time Change,” most recently with our affiliation with Marshfield Clinic Health System. Joining Marshfield was an intelligent choice for Dickinson. With the alignment of our cultural similarities, our focus on delivering high-quality healthcare where and when you need it, and an agreed interest in growing our services in Dickinson, our agreement was the best way to ensure the future of healthcare in this region.
Dickinson updated the entire imaging department with recent capital investments by purchasing the most technologically advanced MRI, CT Scanner, and Spec CT Nuclear Medicine Scanner. Our Regional Cancer Treatment was also upgraded with the newest Linear Accelerator to provide the highest levels and safest Radiation Cancer Treatment delivery methods. We have also upgraded many patient care areas, including our Emergency Department, inpatient Floor, and Main Lobby. Marshfield has committed an additional $25 million over the next five years to increase services and improve access for patients right here in Dickinson County and all surrounding areas.
Our goal is to care for you right here, close to home; however, should you need specialized care not offered in our area, we now have a vital referral source in Marshfield, with a variety of locations not too far by car.
We offer advanced lab and diagnostic services, lifesaving emergency treatment, and kind and compassionate hospital care, and our caring staff is always ready to serve you. Our greatest reward is that babies, kids, moms, dads, and grandparents become healthier. Dickinson has been regionally and nationally recognized for excellent healthcare by independent performance-based rating agencies, including an “A+ Patient Safety Rating” and “Top Rural Hospital” designation from The Leapfrog Group.
Dickinson is vital for our community:
- We provide access to comprehensive, excellent healthcare services for residents and visitors, including lifesaving emergency services.
- Dickinson employs more than 700 passionate healthcare professionals who live and work in Iron Mountain and surrounding areas.
- As your community hospital, we energize our local economy with more than 60 million dollars in salaries and benefits annually.
You have the choice to ensure that Dickinson remains vital for our community into the future:
Choosing where to receive your healthcare is highly personal and 100% up to you. Dickinson is always working hard to be your first choice as your community healthcare organization.
We understand that some people have chosen to leave the area for services that Dickinson is capable of providing locally. When patients decide to go outside Dickinson for services, dollars spent with other organizations can’t be used to support the vital healthcare services Dickinson delivers to our community.
Even if your family medicine provider is not with Dickinson, you can still utilize Dickinson for many aspects of your healthcare. Here are a few examples:
- You have a choice to ask that lab work, blood tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic services be done at Dickinson;
- You have a choice to select our excellent, locally-based general surgeons and orthopedic surgeons for your care;
- You have a choice to continue cardiac rehabilitation services locally at Dickinson. We work directly with heart specialists at many health care organizations to follow your care plan;
- You have the choice to continue having babies at Dickinson.
Healthcare is a choice. Please make Dickinson yours.
If you have not chosen Dickinson lately, please consider giving us a try. We think you’ll be glad you did. We are always grateful for the support of the community we love!
Chief Administrative Officer