Patient Centered Medical Home Information
Meeting Your Needs
You can expect comprehensive primary and specialty care for children, youth and adults with Dickinson as your medical home.
The concept of a medical home was established initially as a central location for storing a patient’s medical record. The medical home has now evolved into a setting that is:
- Family Centered
- Culturally Effective
A Team Approach to Your Care
Dickinson partners with you and your other healthcare providers to ensure that you receive the highest standard of care.
Your role as a patient:
- Communicate closely with us
- Keep us up to date with your medications, immunizations, allergies, conditions, tests, consultations, and hospitalizations.
- Advise us of any changes in the medical history of you or your family.
- Participate in decisions about your health.
- Follow treatment plans and self-care management directions.
- Speak up and ask questions.
Our role as your healthcare team:
- Provide a safe and healthy healthcare environment.
- Partner with you in making your healthcare decisions.
- Coordinate with you, your authorized representatives, and other healthcare providers.
- Keep you informed and on track by providing: health coaching, health resources, preventive care, and tailored care.
The health and wellness of our patients is a top concern of Dickinson. Our primary goal is to provide every patient with the best possible care. We can meet this goal if you and your specialist provider work in conjunction with your Primary Care Provider. This concept is called the Patient Centered Medical Home – Neighbor. The goal of the PCMH – Neighbor is to ensure effective communication, coordination, and integration of care with PCMH practices (your primary care provider).
Bring a list of all of your current medications, vitamins and supplements; Have a list of questions you may have or any problems you may be experiencing; Alert staff of any previous surgeries and / or procedures; Have your insurance information with you; Please arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time; If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment if possible. We will do whatever we can to support your health including connecting you with community resources, local support groups, and wellness programs.
After hours call plan
Dickinson Physician Services is committed to providing the best possible care to their patients. The ability for a patient to reach a clinical decision-maker, after regular business hours, is an important piece of that care. To be connected to the after-hours provider, please call you provider’s clinic. Dickinson after- hour providers will respond to patient inquiries in a timely manner. The Dickinson after-hours provider will inform/communicate directly to the patient’s primary physician to assure continuity.
For emergent needs, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.